1. What is color; specifically HUE, TINT, SHADE and TONE?
2. How does a color scheme strengthen a work of art?
3. How can the Elements of Art and Principles of Design work together to create a successful work of art?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate his/her understanding of how to use the Elements of Art and Principles of Design to create a strong and successful work of art focusing on color and color schemes with a given prompt.
What if you could keep something in a jar forever, for instance…
a specific moment in time…a feeling…your favorite thing…something you dislike…an idea…a wish…
1. Draw a jar with a lid or a bottle with a cork, top, or straw using 90% of one page (if your page is smaller than 8.5 x 11, then you need to create a 2 page spread.)
the jar could look something like these…
2. Medium: You must use color.
Examples: watercolor, colored pencil and acrylic. Prismacolor markers
NO GRAPHITE – pencil!
3. Focus on a color scheme using a. value (lightness and darkness) with tints and shades, and b. chroma (dullness vs. intensity) with hues and tones.