SURREALISM sur·re·al·ism (seh-ree-a-liz-um): A style of twentieth-century art in which artists combine normally unrelated objects and situations.
SURREALISM power point presentation:
PORTRAIT por·trait (ˈpôrtrət,-ˌtrāt/):1. a visual, audible, or written representation of an individual
2. the essence of an individual
3. usually of a face, but can include elements that describe the individual
4. a visual description of an individual
“It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
Click here for PORTRAIT prezi:
1. Create a portrait in which the main subject is HAIR
2. Work from a photograph that you have taken for the face
*focus on giving the face believable form by using a wide tonal range
3. The star player in this image will be the hair & should not be hair in the traditional sense, but instead should be *symbolic & metaphorical 4. The work should focus on 2 to 3 principles of design of your choosing *pay attention to how you use the visual elements to convey meaning, express emotion, your personal voice & style.
Here are some of my student’s work: