1. How does the choice of medium affect a work of art?
2. What impact can the Elements of Art, VALUE + TEXTURE, create when used together?
3. How are the Principles of Design, CONTRAST + RHYTHM or CONTRAST + UNITY, used to strengthen the overall composition?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate his/her understanding of the Elements of Art, value + texture, and Principles of Design, contrast + rhythm/contrast + unity, by successfully creating a uniquely, innovative metamorphosis or hybrid.
**** You must show your own thinking – start by brainstorming with a written list of ideas and then start @ LEAST 4 THUMBNAIL sketches of your ideas! DO NOT COPY anything from the internet!
1.Must use 85% of your paper on a 1 page spread. *if you have a smaller sketchbook, you are required to complete a 2 page spread.
METAMORPHOSIS – you can spread your transformations/transitions out by using a 2 page spread spread! (you may have a little more negative space if you use 2 pages)
HYBRID – if you use a 1 page spread it MUST take up at least 85% of the composition *DO NOT PLACE subject matter in the center of your page! REMEMBER the Rule of Thirds!
2. Show VALUE + TEXTURE!
3. METAMORPHOSIS: Show CONTRAST + RHYTHM
HYBRID: Show CONTRAST + UNITY
4. METAMORPHOSIS: must have 4 transformations/transitions
HYBRID: Must have more than 2 being combined
GRAPHITE: pencil + ebony pencil
– you can use a little color (like the paintbrushes turning into asparagus)
BLACK SHARPIE combined with Prismacolor markers (like the banana-octopus)
-you can also use watercolor graphite!!!
6. Turn in on-time showing at least 4-5 hours of effort! *You are being gifted with 2 studio classes to work on this; it is not an entirely outside of class sketchbook assignment, therefore, it will not be accepted late.
Start with an object and transform it into something else, showing the phases in the metamorphosis!
HYBRID: ANIMAL + ANIMAL