1. What is contour line?
2.What is the difference between a contour line and a continuous contour line?
3. What is a color scheme?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate his/her understanding of the Elements of Art: line and color and the Principles of Design: unity and rhythm by creating a continuous contour line face representing an emotion.
Click on this picture, go to the link provided, and soak up as much information as you can on CONTOUR LINE.
- Use continuous line to create a 2-D representation of an abstract face
LINE MUST START ON ONE SIDE OF THE PAGE AND END ON THE OTHER
- Must include, but not limited to:
- also consider incorporating other possibilities for the face: EYELASHES, GLASSES, MUSTACHE, BEARD, etc.
- MEDIUM: Sharpies (Pen/Marker) or Permanent Black Pen/Marker and Watercolor
- you can start with pencil/graphite, but draw lightly, it will need to be erased completely
- COLOR: Must use color scheme with tints, shades, and/or tones
- COLOR/CONTRAST: Color/Value must change between lines; so after every line the color or value should be different.
- Must have a recognizable EMOTION & COLOR SCHEME! Emotion and color scheme should be written on the back, bottom, right corner in pencil (lightly) along with your name and class.