Red day DUE Monday, October 31st! Blue day DUE Tuesday, November 1st!
1. What is mixed media?
2. How do artists use a variety of mediums, but also have a strong, unified artwork ?
3. What is contrast and emphasis?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate their understanding of mixed media and how to use it successfully with the Principles of Design, contrast and emphasis used in a sketchbook inspired by Edgar Allan Poe.
mixed media: a technique and/or artistic process involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and colored pencil or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.
contrast: the opposition of the Elements of Art to intensify each element’s property to create a dynamic effect.
emphasis: one or a combination of the Elements of Art is used to create more attention in the composition than anything else.
Step No.1: GET INSPIRED by Edgar Allan POE!
Research the man and his work! Click on the image below to be directed to the Poe Museum:
Step No.2: CREATE!
- a sketch on a 2-page spread
- inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, his work, or a combination of his work.
- use mixed media: more than one
- colored pencil
- use the Principles of Design:
Mrs. Eller’s example: