1. What is mixed media?
2. What impact can the Elements of Art, TEXTURE + COLOR, create when used with EMPHASIS?
3. How are the Principles of Design, CONTRAST + EMPHASIS, used to strengthen a work of art?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate his/her understanding of mixed media and how to use it successfully with the Principles of Design, contrast and emphasis, by creating a two-page spread of a uniquely, innovative robot, goblin and/or monster.
mixed media: a technique and/or artistic process involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and colored pencil or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.
contrast: the opposition of the Elements of Art to intensify each element’s property to create a dynamic effect.
emphasis: one or a combination of the Elements of Art is used to create more attention in the composition than anything else.
- a sketch on a 2-page spread
Subject Matter: one or more of ROBOTS, GOBLINS or MONSTERS of your very OWN CREATION!
- DO NOT COPY ANOTHER ARTIST’S WORK!
- If you are having a difficult time coming up with ideas, here are some ways to get your creative juices flowing:
- create a make believe story that your creature exists in…this is how young children come up with most of their ideas!
- focus on one ‘style’ and then create a ‘collection’ of sorts from that chosen style
- relate your creature to something else, for example, a representation of an object, friend, family member; so what is something your creature can relate to?
- MEDIA: use mixed media, more than one (NO GRAPHITE)
- colored pencil
- use the Element(s) of Art:
- use the Principle(s) of Design:
EXAMPLES: (images below are an accumulation from the internet, individual images may not fit all the requirements!)