1.What impact can the Elements of Art, TEXTURE + COLOR, create when used with EMPHASIS?
2.How are the Principles of Design, UNITY + BALANCE, used to strengthen a work of art?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate their understanding of the Elements of Art, TEXTURE + COLOR and the Principles of Design, UNITY + BALANCE, by creating a one or two-page spread of a uniquely, innovative robot, goblin and/or monster EMPHASIZING texture + color.
Must use 1 OR 2 page spread focusing on using the composition wisely and intentionally: use as much of the composition as possible with 1 of the 3 types of balance –
Subject Matter: one or more of ROBOTS, GOBLINS or MONSTERS of your very OWN CREATION!
- DO NOT COPY ANOTHER ARTIST’S WORK!
- If you are having a difficult time coming up with ideas, here are some ways to get your creative juices flowing:
- create a make believe story that your creature exists in…this is how young children come up with most of their ideas!
- focus on one ‘style’ and then create a ‘collection’ of sorts from that chosen style
- relate your creature to something else, for example, like the treehouse sketchbook, it had to represent you and/or your family; so what is something your creature can relate to?
- REMEMBER the EOA’s that you MUST EMPHASIZE: Texture + Color
Media: open media (your choice), except NO GRAPHITE! IF you want to use GRAPHITE, it MUST be combined with another medium. REMEMBER – Color is important in this one!
EXAMPLES: (images below are an accumulation from the internet, individual images may not fit all the requirements!)