1. What is collage and mixed media?
2. What are the Elements of Art: TEXTURE, VALUE, SPACE and FORM?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate his/her understanding of the Elements of Arts, the Principle of Designs and the art processes, collage and mixed media, by creating a sketchbook composition inspired by his/her DREAM DESSERT!
This sketchbook is what I call ‘open’ or in other words, I am not giving you a list of perimeters to work with. I am testing to see what you have learned this year – will you create this sketchbook by building off concepts you have learned this year OR will you revert back to your previous artistic boundaries?
- Be super CREATIVE and use all the skills and techniques I have taught you this year.
- FIND your dream dessert prop from magazine – the part of your sketchbook that is collage. Yes, you have to find it out of a magazine because I want you to problem-solve with what is available to you…
- Spend AT LEAST 3 HOURS of EFFORT + TIME!
- Have FUN:)
TIPS and HINTS:
- You are trying to find an object to put your ‘dessert’ into! For example, cutting out a dish, cup or ice cream cone out of the magazine.
- Most mediums (your art tool of choice) will not cover over magazine, therefore, you will need to cut out exactly what part you are going to glue down. Only the portion of the magazine that will be visible should be glued down. Your drawing or painting should go directly on your sketchbook paper.
- The dessert you add into the dish, cup, cake plate, ice cream cone should be of your own making, not necessarily what was pictured in the magazine with your object!
- You can look up other photographs to work from too! For example, maybe my dream dessert is Italian Lemon Pound Cake in and on top of an ice cream cone?! So I would cut out an ice cream cone from a magazine and then look up a photograph of the Italian Lemon Pound Cake to paint on top of my cone.
Class of 2021 Student Samples: