Red day DUE Thursday, April 20th Blue day DUE Friday, April 21st
1. What are the definitions of proportion & exaggeration?
2. What are the realistic proportions of a human face?
3. How can an artist exaggerate facial features and proportions?
4. How can an artist create a cartoon portrait of an individual that portrays who they are?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate their understanding of the Elements of Art and the Principle of Design, proportion, by creating a portrait of an individual with exaggerated facial features + proportions.
a part or portion in comparative relation to a whole.
- to consider, represent, or cause something to appear as larger, more important, or more extreme than is actually the case; to overstate.
EXAMPLES with graphite:
EXAMPLES with color:
SKBK 9 PREP (Google Classroom)
-You MUST have the real picture reference submitted onto google classroom. The picture must be one that has been taken by you or if it is a childhood picture of yourself or family/friend then someone else could have taken the picture. (YOU MAY NOT USE A PHOTO of someone you do not know or did not take the photo of – this eliminates celebrities and photographs from the internet)
50pts. (This is due on Monday, April 3rd!)
-you MUST exaggerate @ least 3 features of the individual (bigger/smaller, longer/shorter, wider/thinner)
-you MUST include the background or something in the background or foreground to tell us about the individual and/or establish a figure/ground relationship. (In other words, your individual may not just be floating on your page!)
-you must use 95% of the frame/composition (only 5% of your composition should be blank) Every student will be given sketch paper and a final sheet of paper of the same size. The paper will be mixed media paper; if you want to use watercolor or markers, then let me know and I will give you paper that is a better fit for those mediums.
-open choice for medium!
graphite*watercolor*pen and ink*prismacolor markers and/or color pencils*mixed media*ink wash*pastels*sharpie*graphitint*and more…