Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
demonstrate his/her understanding of 1-point linear perspective by applying the technique in a creative name design.
COLOR PENCIL alone or student choice to mix media with
1. Sharpie Pen and/or 2. Crayola Blending Markers
Composition and Design must
- show understanding of 1 point linear perspective
- have at least 4 characters – characters must end/be closed (they cannot extend to vanishing point infinitely)
- use 80% of your paper (letters and shadows)
- demonstrate understanding of BALANCE
- be expressive and illustrates your personality!
- have a definitive light source showing range of value with highlights and shadows
- use COLOR PENCIL with shading and blending technique; show different tints, shades, and dull vs. bright
Choose a font that matches your personality!
Go to this website and search the fonts:
Start your thumbnail sketch:
- practice font
- choose light source
- choose placement of vanishing point
- choose background/negative space design
- choose COLOR SCHEME
- go to this link for sample color schemes: COLOR SCHEMES
- Get design approved and graded
- Start FINAL DRAWING!
EXAMPLES of LINEAR PERSPECTIVE NAMES – NOTE! These samples DO NOT follow the creative constraints above. Student is responsible for problem-solving an effective composition and design!