1. What is mixed media?
2. How do artists use a variety of mediums, but also have a strong, unified artwork ?
3. How are the Principles of Design, CONTRAST + EMPHASIS, used to strengthen a work of art?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
1. demonstrate their understanding of mixed media and how to use it successfully with the Principles of Design, contrast and emphasis by creating a two-page spread of an image inspired by FEAR!
mixed media: a technique and/or artistic process involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and colored pencil or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition.
contrast: the opposition of the Elements of Art to intensify each element’s property to create a dynamic effect.
emphasis: one or a combination of the Elements of Art is used to create more attention in the composition than anything else.
- a sketch on a 2-page spread
Subject Matter: anything that comes to mind when you think of the word ‘FEAR’!
- DO NOT COPY ANOTHER ARTIST’S WORK!
- MEDIA: use mixed media, more than one (NO GRAPHITE)
- colored pencil
- use the Element(s) of Art:
- use the Principle(s) of Design:
Examples from the internet (these may not represent all of the requirements above) -these are only for subject matter examples!