- How can I use art, drawing, and/or visual images to collaborate with my peers?
- How have artists used art to fight cultural and societal norms?
Mastery Objective(s): The student will…
- understand the reasons and cultural context behind the art movement, Dada.
- use the principles of Dadaism to produce a collaborative artwork referred to as an ‘EXQUISITE CORPSE”.
- extremely beautiful and, typically, delicate.
- a dead body, especially of a human being rather than an animal.
was an art movement of the European avant-garde in the early 20th century. Dada in Zurich, Switzerland, began in 1916 at Cabaret Voltaire, spreading to Berlin shortly thereafter, but the height of New York Dada was the year before, in 1915.
- commonly referred to as ANTI-ART